Love mash? But don’t always like the potato part?
This recipe is a fantastic alternative for that with 2 HEAD INGREDIENTS!
I used a combination of fat-free cottage cheese and a sour cream cheese & chives dip as the “milky mixture” part, you can sub the dip with only sour cream if you’d prefer that as well.
There are only 25 calories in a 100g of cauliflower, so you can only imagine how much you can eat of it!
125g fat-free smooth cottage cheese
125g sour cream and chives dip
(scroll to the bottom to see the ingredients picture)
You’ll need a hand blender or food processor. A smoothie blender will make a droopy texture, but we rather want a creamy porridge texture.
If you only have a smoothie blender you can rather pulse the machine and not blend the mash inside.
- Firstly, steam the cauliflower.
- Transfer the steamed cauliflower to your food processor.
- Add the cottage cheese and the sour cream & chives dip and pulse/process the mixture.(Picture below of ingredients)
- Add salt and italian herbs to taste.
- Once pulsed to a chunky porridge texture season with fresh herbs and SERVE.