With this recipe we are giving you pumpkin to talk about! (Renche’s puns rubbed off on me) I mean who doesn’t love the famous “pampoen koekies?!”
They’re always really oily though, filled with lots of refined sugar, flour and contains only little pumpkin BUT believe me, I know they are so good! I promise you I am their biggest fan, that’s why I had to create an alternative recipe!
This recipe is 75% pumpkin and 25% healthy stuff!
Here it goes!
250g steamed pumpkin/butternut
3/4 cup rolled oats/oats
1 egg white
dash of milk
2 tsp baking powder
1. Blend all the dry ingredients together and put them in a bowl.
2. Then add the pumpkin, eggs, sweetener, extra cinnamon, and milk together and blend them separately.
3. Add the two mixtures together, mix them well enough.
4. Spray a frying pan with spray and cook and use a tablespoon to transfer the mixture amount to the heated pan.
5. Fry each side until golden brown.
-For the topping sauce I used PB2- Powdered Peanut Butter mixed with water and sweetener to form a drizzle. Plus I sprinkled some cinnamon on top of that.
-You can top them or soak them in maple syrup or honey if you prefer it.