Are you a fan of dates or not like our Fitbest-owner? I can guarantee you’ll still like these nutritious date balls, you won’t even know they are made with dates! They just taste like caramel balls!
You are going to need a food-processor or high speed blender to easily make the mixture for this recipe!
You know, I never liked dates as well, the thought was not so nice to me. BUT I began to love date squares that my grandmother made me and I adapted it to ball-form for you guys with my twist on them! So they are good AND FREE from added sugar and refined sugars!
32g instant oats
1 tsp peanut butter/ powdered peanut butter PB2
1 tsp skinny hot chocolate NOMU/cocoa powder
handful of pecans
desiccated coconut for rolling the balls in
dash of milk
1 cup of dates
- Bring 50 ml boiling water and your dates to a pot/sauce pan on medium heat. Let them simmer and become a toffee vibe.
- In the meantime blend the oats, peanut butter, hot choc/cocoa and pecans together. Pulse them with the blender if you can.
- Bring the blended dry ingredients to bowl.
- Now take the dates from the pot and add them to your blender, add a dash of milk and blend.
- After blended, add the dates to the mixture and mix well with greased hands. (I used coconut oil spray and cook to grease my hands.)
- Roll into small bite size balls. Dip and roll them then in desiccated coconut and refrigerate or freeze.