This smoothie recipe is perfect for the warm summer mornings heading your way!
I personally drink one of these everyday in the morning, then I know I already covered most of my greens for the day!
Daily importance & superfoodness of these ingredients:
- Spirulina-Its main active component is called phycocyanin. This antioxidant substance also gives spirulina its unique blue-green color. Phycocyanin can fight free radicals and inhibit production of inflammatory signaling molecules, providing impressive antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects .
- Kale-Kale contains fiber, antioxidants, calcium, vitamins C and K, iron, and a wide range of other nutrients that can help prevent various health problems. Antioxidants help the body remove unwanted toxins that result from natural processes and environmental pressures.
- Baby Spinach-Baby spinach is rich in vitamin K and magnesium, two very important nutrients for bone health. Just 4 cups of baby spinach has nearly five times your daily recommended allowance of vitamin K. Vitamin K may be able to lower your risk of bone fractures, and works with Vitamin D to improve bone density.
- Celery–Celery is rich in vitamins and minerals with a low glycemic index. You’ll enjoy vitamins A, K, and C, plus minerals like potassium and folate when you eat celery. It’s also low in sodium. Plus, it’s low on the glycemic index, meaning it has a slow, steady effect on your blood sugar.
- Apple Cider Vinegar-This almost-magical vinegar can do many things for your health, is a natural laxative and it can improve digestion, lowers blood sugar levels, improves insulin sensitivity;lowers cholesterol,lowers blood pressure and improves heart health, prevents and decreases the risk of getting cancer and slows down the growth of cancer cells.
- Protein Whey Powder- EXTRA PROTEIN, need I say MORE?!
- Almond Milk-It’s a good source of potassium and can be fortified with vitamins A, B-12, and D, as well as calcium. It contains as much protein as cow’s milk, yet is lower in calories than whole milk and about equal to the calories in 1 percent or 2 percent milk. It contains very little saturated fat.
- Blueberries-Packed with antioxidants and phytoflavinoids, these berries are also high in potassium and vitamin C, making them the top choice of doctors and nutritionists. Not only can they lower your risk of heart disease and cancer, they are also anti-inflammatory.
- Cucumber- Literally one of the healthiest foods that EXIST.
- Chia seeds-Chia Seeds Are Loaded With Antioxidants, Almost All the Carbs in Them Are Fiber, Chia Seeds Are High in Quality Protein, the High Fiber and Protein Content in Chia Seeds May Help You Lose Weight, chia Seeds Are High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
These are the amounts I use, but you can experiment with them:
20 ml Apple Cider Vinegar
2 small cucumbers
100 ml Almond Milk
1 tsp Spirulina Powder
70g Chopped Celery
Handful Baby Spinach
1 scoop Protein powder
1 tsp Chia seeds
- Blend up these ingredients with a high speed blender!
- Top with extra chia seeds and ENJOY!