You didn’t expect to see a cauliflower head with this recipe, did you? We are switching it up, with nutrient filled mac & cheese and changing the thought of an unhealthy dish to a more nutritious one!
This recipe is vegan, but if you want to add your own source of meat, you are welcome too!
- 100% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C.
- About a quarter of your daily vitamin K.
- 2% of your daily calcium and iron.
- 6% of your daily potassium.
- More than 3 % of your daily magnesium.
I’m just going to jump right into this recipe, because I am so excited for you to know how cauliflower can be added to a delicious mac & cheese dish!
We all love cauliflower when it’s made with a very creamy cheese sauce and baked in the oven with extra cheese on top? Right?
For this one we’re making our cheese sauce WITH cauliflower!
1 cauliflower head
1 cup baby spinach/kale
1 tbsp garlic
salt & pepper
1 packet of chickpea pasta/wholewheat
1 cup grated mozzarella
Dash of Almond Milk
- Cook the chickpea pasta with dash of salt beforehand.
- Then steam the cauliflower head. Make sure it is steamed thoroughly. Let it cool down for about 10min.
- Bring the cauliflower head to a blender with a dash of milk, 2 tbsp garlic and salt.
- After you’ve blended it add the mozzarella to the blend and blend further.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked chickpea pasta in an oven bowl.
- Add baby spinach and the pepperdews and mix everything well.
- Sprinkle some extra cheese and parmesan cheese over the dish.
- Bake for +- 30 min in the oven at 180 degrees celsius.
This recipe is quick, easy and healthy! Hope you enjoy!